Friday, February 5, 2010

Peach Pie Smoothie

from So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week


1 C milk
1 C yogurt
2 C frozen sliced peaches (unsweetened)
1 T honey, plus more to taste
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/8 t ground cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of ground ginger
1 C ice



I really enjoyed this as a change of pace from my typical smoothie. I ended up almost doubling the amount of peaches because I thought it wasn't thick enough. Adding a banana might do the same thing. I also tweaked the spices until it was flavored to my liking. The leftovers kept well in the fridge, and I got about 4 servings out of it.

Scott taught me something he learned at Lifetime Group Fitness: greek yogurt is better for you than most kinds of yogurt. It has more protein and less sugar. It has a slightly sour taste like sour cream or creme fraiche and can also be substituted in a recipe that calls for sour cream. I can't tell the difference once it's mixed into a smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment